Hugs + Heroes
[E-commerce Gift Store]
Hugs + Heroes is an e-commerce store that opened during the COVID-19 pandemic. A group of entrepreneurs, in Melbourne, AU, came together to create candles and fathers day gift boxes that people could buy online and send to their loved ones during lockdown.
Each candle and gift box sold bought a coffee for a healthcare worker, and 6-10 meals for those in need.
- this campaign was focused on supporting the local community and bringing joy to people during lockdown
- we highlighted all the positive and supportive pieces and got people excited to send a gift to their family and friends during a hard time
- they previously identified that their target audience was females with professional careers
- we also targeted those working in healthcare
- as we gained traction, we started to receive “unboxing” videos and some support from local influencers
- we leveraged these in our campaign to show social proof and increase sales
- this was a short term, 30 day campaign
- we reached 32,384 people and gained 79,129 impressions
- 130 purchases with $995.35 ad spend
- an average return on ad spend (ROA) of 4.49
After the success of our first campaign, Hugs + Heroes asked us to run a second campaign to promote their Father’s Day Gift Boxes.
It was a similar idea, with each Father’s Day Box buying a coffee for a healthcare worker and 10 meals for those in need.
- we used a similar strategy by sharing the focus on community support
- we also shared that even though Father’s Day may not be the same as normal, it could still be special
- we retargeted recent website visitors to re-engage them
- we started by targeting recent website visitors and those who engaged with our previous candle campaign
- in preparation to run this campaign H+H was able to get a video made with some local football celebrities
- we widened our top of funnel targeting
- and also targeted interests based on the Australian Football League
- this campaign was live for just over a week
- we reached 20,748 people and gained 34,642 impressions
- 35 purchases with $448.77 ad spend
- our top of funnel ads delivered a 2.1 ROA
- while our retargeting ads delivered a 17.89 ROA